[RndTbl] Zaurus Podcast #3 and Branching Open Source

Montana Quiring montanaq at gmail.com
Wed May 9 02:01:11 CDT 2007

Hello,

For those that are interested we recorded episode #3 of the Zaurus
Users of Manitoba podcast. It was an attempt creating a skype/IRC
hybrid. It was an interesting experience. The skype call was with
InSearchOf who is the current head developer of the popular Zaurus
distro pdaXrom as well as the active administrator of the OESF forum.
The quality of the skype call was poor at the best of times so I'll
apologize in advance. I promise I'll get better at it. ;)
Here's the link: http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/?q=tycast

In the podcast we kind of stumbled across an interesting thought about
how Open Source development tends to branch off a lot. This seems to
create a lot of immature software as the expertise is spread across so
many projects. I'd be interested in hearing other people's opinions
and views on this.

-Montana Quiring